Biography / Info
Orange Avenue is a five-piece American Pop-rock band from the shores of Daytona Beach, FL. Like many before them, OA started out as a diverse group of local musicians; playing on the traditional rock formula, however, Orange Avenue set themselves apart sonically from their peers and soon became one of Florida’s largest concert draws.
Orange Avenue released their self-titled debut CD (affectionately dubbed the "Orange Album" by fans) in the middle of ’07. Selling over 11,000 copies without the help of major marketing and touring support, the “Orange Album” went on to garner airplay from local radio stations such as WJRR in Orlando, and WVYB in Daytona Beach, as well as attention from numerous central Florida publications. In the few short years since their first release, Orange Avenue have shared the stage with The All American Rejects, Rihanna, Smash Mouth, Hello Goodbye, Low vs. Diamond, Egypt Central, Pop Evil, We The Kings, Anberlin, Fuel, Seven Mary Three, and many other talented artists.
In 2009, the band followed up their freshman effort with the aptly titled EP, “Reset,” giving listeners a small taste of what was to come. From the synthesized grind of ‘Just Refrain,’ the unapologetic ‘This Time Baby,’ and the aggressive head-bobbing engine of ‘Nightwalk’, “Reset” is a more focused, distinct and biographical album. “We went in the studio this time with the mindset to write exciting songs people can sink their teeth into” says Derek Anderson, the group’s front man. “We kind of wanted to show all the different styles we were capable of on our first disc. On this disc we wanted to show what we do best” says guitarist, Chris Yetter. The track ‘Just Refrain’ was featured on the MLB Network, and ‘No Goodbyes’ received rave reviews when it started a consistent rotation on WVYB Daytona.
Numerous tracks from “Reset” were featured on MTV, Teen Nick, Fox Sports, and other nationally televisions broadcasts, allowing Orange Avenue to expand its fan-base exponentially, garnering even more followers on their social networks, and pushing sales of their albums and merchandise through the roof.
In 2010, Orange Avenue went on to become an MTV “Buzzworthy” band; the video for ‘Just Refrain’ was a Freshman Finalist on MTVu; and Ourstage.com named the band one of the Top 10 Rock Artists/Bands of the year…
Not one to rest on their laurels, and amidst a grueling schedule of show dates, Orange Avenue went back into the studio in 2011 to record their third release, the band’s pivotal Sophomore Album. And so with 2012 came “Small Victories”, a record that was being described as the band’s best work before it was even released. Titled for what the band considers a metaphor of its own musical journey, “Small Victories” makes no apologies in spanning the sonic spectrum.
Hear what people are saying!
"FANTASTIC...energetic indie rock/pop with a polished major label sound...The entire thing is great, but standout tracks are the new single, power ballad “As You Fall, and the ridiculously catchy hooks of “Wondergirl” and “Just Refrain.” – MTV Network
"5 out of 5-Stars...Small Victories is an adrenaline packed journey for the listener, chalk full of extremely catchy, radio ready songs...not designed for passive listening; it’s the kind of music that commands attention" - Examiner.com
"Orange Avenue is definitely one of 2011’s up-and-coming bands…this band has huge breakthrough potential. Keep your ears open, because you definitely don’t want to miss this sound.” – Hits Magazine
"While their music has the energy of punk, it has the sheen of the best radio pop, calling to mind the likes of Goo Goo Dolls and Matchbox Twenty." – MTV Buzzworthy
“Top 10 rock artists/bands” – OurStage.com
“New and Noteworthy” – iTunes
“Nominated for Album of the Year and Video of the Year” - American Association of Independent Music Libera Awards
TV Placements and Music Licensing:
• FOX Sports- MLB on FOX- “One Shot”
• MTV- Teen Dads- “This Time Baby”
• MTV, VH1, & All Viacom Networks - 1-year, non-exclusive licensing deal
• MLB Network- Plays of the Year- “One Shot”
• MLB Network- 3-song deal for "Just Refrain,” "What's Coming Next,” and "Stars"
• NASCAR- All-Star Race- “One Shot”
• New Zealand- Tourism Commercial- “No Goodbyes”
• Teen Nick -Gigantic- “No Goodbyes”
• TNA Wrestling “Just Refrain”
Additional Press and Reviews:
• MTV Buzzworthy: MTV Buzzworthy calls Orange Avenue's EP Reset "Excellent"! "While their music has the energy of punk, it has the sheen of the best radio pop, calling to mind the likes of Goo Goo Dolls and Matchbox Twenty." (http://buzzworthy.mtv.com/
• MTVu: “The Freshman” finalist for music video “Just Refrain”. Video described to “capture this group’s frenetic energy.”
• iTunes: Album “Small Victories” featured as “New & Noteworthy” by iTunes· Billboard: Top 25 album debut on “Heatseekers” charts – “Small Victories” (album)
• Billboard: Top 15 album debut on “Alternative New Album” charts – “Small Victories” (album)
• Billboard: “Reset” (EP) charts on Billboards “Under the Radar”
• OurStage.com: Named one of the Top 10 rock artist/bands of 2010 (http://www.ourstage.com/blog/2010/12/21/rock-n-roll-call-best-of-ourstage-2010/)
• Hits Magazine: "Orange Avenue is definitely one of 2011’s up-and-coming bands.” (http://www.hitsdailydouble.com/news/newsPage.cgi?news08392m01)
Strategic Partnerships and National Campaigns:
• Crunch Gym (www.crunch.com)- National partnership with Crunch Gym. Free download to Crunch Gym members for "checking-in" at any of their 30+ locations. Promoted via Crunch's social media network- 25,000+ members
• IMVU (www.imvu.com) “Artist of the Week” campaign- IMVU is one of the largest, most popular avatar-based social networks on the web, with approximately 55 million registrants
• CureSearch (www.curesearch.org) national children’s cancer research organization – National campaign and partnership with CureSearch through “Small Victories” album release.
• Buckle Clothing Store (www.buckle.com)- In-store feature at over 400 clothing store locations
• National Bullying Prevention Center (www.pacer.org/bullying)- Partnership with national charity-Free song download to their anti-bullying supporters. NBPC has been featured on Ellen and recognized by the White House for their work.
• SaladWorks (www.saladworks.com)- Featured on “SaladWorks 25th Anniversary” compilation album. Given away via SaladWorks social media and promoted throughout their 100+ locations
Digital and Non-Trad Distribution:
• Sports arena placements- (BMI lists NFL and MLB as our strongest uses)
• Music Choice
• A&R Channel (Comcast/OnDemand)
• MetroUnplugged.com- (LA County channel for commuters/ 1M+ impressions)
• Rock Band
• Debuted at #15 on AMAZING RADIO CHARTS in the UK
• College Radio: Over 2,000+ spins
• Added to 103.3 WVYB
• Peaked #18 on Top 40 charts for 6 wks straight on Phoenix 91 FM in Bali, Indonesia.
• Held the #1 spot on the CMJ charts three weeks straight at WSIA 88.9 in Staten Island, NY.
Daily Buzz TV (www.dailybuzznation.com) - Live performance and interview on the nationally televised show The Daily Buzz (www.dailybuzznation.com). Interviewed about our partnership with the Pacer Org and our support of National Bullying Prevention Month. Viewership was 1.1 million people. See links for interview and performance clips.
Music video for "Just Refrain" was shot at Dale Earnhardt, Jr.'s nightclub Whiskey River in Charlotte, NC. The video features Miss Sprint Cup, Paige Duke and also Miss Hawaiian Tropic Shana Prevette.
• Available on VEVO
• Featured on VISIO (YouTube premier partner)
• Featured on Music Choice
• Featured at the NCAA Final Four
• Featured on MTV Iggy
• Featured on MTVu “The Freshman”
• 20,000+ combined sales- Small Victories, The Orange Album, & Reset (EP)
• 5,000+ downloads- Orange Avenue Mixtape (Dec 2011)
• 3,000+ downloads- Wondergirl (first single from Small Victories)
• Opened for the likes of All American Rejects, Anberlin, We The Kings, Parachute, Less Than Jake, Lifehouse, Fuel and Rihanna
• Continuous touring throughout Florida and the Southeast.
• Over 200 shows performed a year!
» Label: Lovelamp Records